Runoff from a spring thaw covers Highway 131 just south of Wilton, looking south, in this circa-1930s photo by Herbert Anderson. The Dougherty farm is pictured in the background. (Photo courtesy of Alice Brandau)
A thaw in Wilton, 1930s
These students attended the Oil City country school in 1948-49.
Manager George H. Robertson stands in Farmers & Merchants Bank in Kendall in 1929.
This photo, courtesy of Jeanette Berg of Tomah, offers a peek back at Oden, one of Vernon County’s forgotten towns
Shown here are the Oden and Ontario Homemakers in about 1955.
Aldis Strazdins of Wilton recently created these photographic positives from negatives found among the collection of the late Herbert Anderson of Wilton.
The following served on the Kendall High School homecoming court in 1950.
Here, in this circa-1930 photo, the Wilton Booster Band lines up near the intersection of Main and Center streets.
Ardys Bredlow of Oil City in rural Ontario submitted this photo to the County Line, and she would like readers to guess the names of the people in the photo.
The Mansion House, located at the corner of Main Street and Highway 71 in Wilton, served travelers in an era when the Chicago & North Western Railroad line still crossed the village.