The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation will offer its post-disaster business-resource partner meeting from 9–11 a.m. Monday, Sept. 17, at the Viroqua American Legion, 120 N. Rusk Ave., Viroqua.
The meeting is for flood-impacted businesses and economic development partners, and the discussion will focus on business assistance and resource programs available to those affected by recent flooding. Topics will include business planning assistance, best practices in working with insurance providers, funding resources and more. These resources providers will be available to work with businesses as needed over the coming weeks and months as recovery continues.
The following is the agenda:
9:10 a.m. (flood response and recovery update)
• Brandon Larson, Vernon County Emergency Management director
• Updates and comments from state and federal legislators in attendance
9:30 a.m. (recovery resource presentations)
• Small Business Administration (Patricia Pettey)
• USDA Rural Development (invited)
• USDA Farm Service Agency (invited)
• MississippiRiver Regional Planning Commission (Greg Flogstad)
• Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at UW-La Crosse (Anne Hlavacka)
• Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (Julie Emslie)
• Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (invited)
• Additional resource-provider sharing (three minutes)
• Questions and answers