Below: Shannan Slattery arrives at Ontario’s Trick-or-Treat event Monday, collecting candy and other prizes. Above, see a photo gallery of local Halloween photos.
Rollicking on Halloween
The Kickapoo Valley Reserve (KVR) is pleased to announce that Lynn Kronschnabel has been hired as its new executive director.
Operating while intoxicated, a 21-year-old Ontario man hit a tree off the 300 block of E. South Street in Ontario at 12:45 a.m. Friday, Nov. 18, according to the Vernon County Sheriff’s Office.
The Monroe County Health Department will offer free COVID-19 bivalent booster vaccines at the following locations.
ark Williams of the Ontario American Legion presents a $300 check to Heidi Kelly, special education teacher, and Travis Anderson, Norwalk-Ontario-Wilton School District Administrator, to go toward the Brookwood Adaptive Recreation Program (formerly Special Olympics).
Contributed by the N-O-W School District — Norwalk Lions Club members Phil Haun, Glen (Ope) Degenhardt, and Mike Karis, as […]
As a fundraiser, the Brookwood theatre program will have an open rehearsal at 6 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 13, in the Classic Gym.
“Eight hours for work, eight hours for rest, eight hours for what we will.” That was the slogan of the labor movement back in 1886, when workers were organizing around the idea of a workday being eight hours rather than 10 to 14 hours.
Wow, it’s hard to believe that the first quarter (nine weeks) of the 2022–2023 school year has come and gone and the second quarter is already underway! It has been an amazing start to the school year, and I want to compliment our entire student body and our amazing team of staff members on their outstanding work throughout the first quarter. The learning, teaching, collaboration, effort, and teamwork that takes place every day within our school district is simply amazing and is truly a sight to see!
The following is a breakdown of voting results in each southeastern Monroe County municipality (turnout ranged between 64 and 79 percent). At press time, a breakdown for Vernon County municipalities wasn’t available.
A single-vehicle crash occurred at about 5:20 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25, in the town of Forest, according to Vernon County Sheriff John B. Spears.
Local communities will offer trick-or-treat hours and other Halloween activities.
• Elroy — Trick-or-treat hours from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Curt Strutz will present “Visiting the Beyond” at 4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 20, at the Elroy Public Library.
• Kendall — Trick-or-treat hours from 4–7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31
• Norwalk — Trick-or-treat hours from 4–6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Norwalk Lions Club costume party at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, at the Norwalk Village Hall.
• Ontario — Door-to-door trick-or-treat hours from 4–7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Truck-or-treat from 4–7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31, on the village square. Prizes given at 7:30 p.m.
• Wilton — Trick-or-treat hours from 4–7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 31. Community Halloween party at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, at the Wilton Public Library. Wilton Fire Department Halloween dance from 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday, Oct. 29, at the Wilton American Legion Hall.