The University of Wisconsin Extension will hold its annual summer Agronomy Field Days at two area locations.
• Wednesday, Aug. 15 (evening): Loren Schwier farm, 3157 County Hwy. M, La Crosse. Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
• 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 16: Gene and Denise Baumgarten farm, 25191 Hilldale Ave, Tomah. The Tomah FFA will serve lunch after the presentations.
The sponsors for the Tomah location are Timberwood Bank, Partnership Bank, Crop Ag Insurance Services and Premier Insurance Solutions.
The topics and presenters for this summer’s field days are the following:
• Dr. Rodrigo Werle, UW weed scientist, “Recap of 2018 Weed Management Season, Systems Approach to Weed Management, Water Hemp and Dicamba Updates”
• Brian Luck, UW biological-systems engineer, “Getting Started with Precision Ag: UAV (Drone) Demonstrations with Different Sensing Cameras”
• Bryan Jensen, UW integrated-pest-management program manager, “Armyworms and Insect Management with Increased Residue,” “Japanese Beetles: When to Get Nervous” and “Corn Rootworm Update”
Two Certified Crop Adviser continuing-education credits are available. There is no cost to attend.
Preregistration by Friday, Aug. 10, is strongly encouraged so that enough handouts and food can be secured. Contact the Monroe County Extension Office at 269-8722 to pre-register for the Tomah location.
Contact the La Crosse County Extension Office at (608) 785-9593 to pre-register for the rural Barre Mills location.