A community discussion on straight vegetable oil and biodiesel usage, both on-road and on-farm, will be from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, March 3, at Organic Valley headquarters, One Organic Way, La Farge.
The discussion will focus on the basics of SVO and biodiesel usage; road and farm vehicle engines that can be adapted for their use and regulations guiding their distribution; and lessons from on-road and on-farm users.
A light, complimentary lunch will be served in the Organic Valley caf.
The event cosponsors are Cooperative Regions of Organic Producer Pools/Organic Valley, Wisconsin Bioenergy Services and Southwest Wisconsin Community Biofuels.
For more information, contact Bob Goonin or Becky Comeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 606-0276. If possible, attendees should RSVP.
The following is the schedule:
• Welcome and keynote presentations: Alicia Leinberger on SVO and biodiesel basics, and Taavi McMahon of GreasEnergy, on technology for converting engines to run on vegetable oil
• Breakout sessions:
1) Panel discussion of on-road/on-farm use: Bob Brylski of Wisconsin Bioenergy Services will share lessons from other communities on the distribution of biofuels, including regulatory considerations.
2) Fleet managers’ discussion with CROPP/Organic Valley staff and partners
• Vehicle showcase:
1) CROPP fleet trucks that have been adapted for use of SVO and biodiesel
2) Cars adapted for (or simply using) SVO and biodiesel