Two area groups, SOUL of the Kickapoo and Decline the Lines Juneau County, will sponsor a roundtrip bus to Madison on Tuesday, Dec. 11, for residents who wish to attend a special legislative meeting on Wisconsin’s energy future.
The meeting will feature concerns ratepayers and municipalities have about regional high-voltage transmission expansion, along with suggestions on improving citizen accountability in state energy planning.
The session will run from 1-3 p.m. in room 411 south in the capitol. The event will be open to the public and broadcast on Wisconsin Eye. For more information, citizens may contact Kara Pennoyer in state Sen. Jennifer Shilling’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 266-5490. Shilling and state Sen. Dale Schultz will host the event.
Bus fare will cost $12 per person. To make reservations, call 637-4871.
The following is the schedule:
• Cashton – 9 a.m., Sacred Heart Catholic Church, County Highway U (north of town)
• Ontario – 9:45 a.m., Fastrip gas station (middle of town)
• Hillsboro – 10:15 a.m., Country Market parking lot (just north of town on Highway 33/82)
• Elroy – 10:30 a.m., Elroy-Sparta State Trail parking lot (east of Highway 82)
• Mauston – 11 a.m., Kwik Trip parking lot (on Highway 82, across from Culver’s)
• Wisconsin Dells – 11:30 a.m., Walmart
The bus will return to Cashton at about 5:30 or 6 p.m.