By DEBBIE ANDERSON | Wilton
Dear community members:
This year we will have a Christmas community concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 17, at the Wilton Community Center. This will be a concert with beautiful Christmas music from our community choir and other members of our community, with individual solos. This concert will give you the true meaning of Christmas. This concert will have a Christian theme, “Jesus is the Reason,” with maybe a few of our favorite secular songs.
The concert is free for all. We will have money donation buckets around the center that day for our area food pantries (Wilton, Ontario and Norwalk-Ontario-Wilton School District food pantries). At last year’s concert, each food pantry received more than $130. A big thank-you to our community for making that possible.
We are in need of a few things:
• Cookies or Christmas goodies from some of the best bakers in the area. (There will be an intermission time so we can have a few refreshments and a time for people to talk and enjoy.)
• People to help out at the goodies table
• Decorations (please label) — We would like to decorate the community center.
• People who love to decorate and make the community center beautiful for Christmas
• People (greeters) to hand out programs
This is a community concert, and we would love to get as many people involved as possible. If you would like to help out, the more the merrier. We would love to have you.
If you are interested, please contact Debbie Anderson at (608) 633-2116 or Nalani Bever at (608) 387-2311. We hope to hear from you.